With The local SmartHome we have created an entry page for a whole collection of instructions on various topics for local operation of LIVISI SmartHome.
Please note that from 1. March 2024 for the smooth local operation of LIVISI SmartHome, the following conditions must be met:
- Your SHC must be updated to at least version 3.1.1088.0 for the classic SHC and 22.214.171.1245 for the SHC 2.0. If you have problems with the update, have a look here: Updating the SHC
- The local SmartHome is activated automatically, but you still have to set it up.
- With an upcoming update, there will also be a binding that will enable the sending of e-mails via SMTP with any e-mail account.
With these preparations you have taken the most important steps and are prepared for a fully local SmartHome that can be operated without the LIVISI SmartHome services.
If you also have spare devices, you must also prepare them:
- innogy/RWE Replacement devices must be integrated into a current SHC before March 1, 2024. This is important for securing the device keys, otherwise the devices will not be able to communicate with your SHC later.
- Replacement SHCs must also be updated to at least version 3.1.1088.0 for the classic SHC and 126.96.36.1995 for the SHC 2.0.
- You can find more info here: SHCs & Devices in the local SmartHome
If you dare to dive deeper into the technology and you want something more than "just" a local SmartHome, then there are the following options for connecting/expanding your LIVISI SmartHome system:
- Set up notifications on WhatsApp, Signal or Telegram via 3rd party: Notifications for the local SmartHome
- If local access is not sufficient for you, then find out more about remote access options here: Remote Access the Local SmartHome
- Connect your local LIVISI SmartHome to open source systems such as Home Assistant, openHAB or ioBroker to use your system to the maximum or to expand it: Remote Access the Local SmartHome