This tool is a diagnostic tool that collects additional information from a 2nd generation SHC and will perform various measurements to bring the control panel into a stable state.
Please only use the tool if you have been asked to do so by our support
To run the tool you need
- a USB stick (ideally with an LED to indicate writing processes)
- with a minimum size of 1GB
- FAT32 is formatted
You also have to download the tool:USB Diagnosis Tool
- The SmartHome app on the SHC is stopped so that no conflicts arise
- After the tool is completed, the SHC will automatically restart.
- The tool's collected data is expected to be 4-5 MB in size.
- Plug an empty USB stick into your computer
- Continue with the downloaded ZIP file on your computer:
- Extract the diagnosis folder into the root directory of the USB stick or
- Extract the ZIP file to a preferred folder on your computer, and copy the extracted diagnosis folder to the root directory of the USB stick
- Make sure the USB stick has the following folder structure: "e:\diagnosis" (where "e" is the USB stick and "diagnosis" is the folder in which the scripts are located)
- The folder may contain only the following files:
- Plug the USB stick into the USB port of your 2nd generation SHC (unless an update is currently running).
- Wait until writing to the USB stick is finished (after 15-20 minutes or when the USB stick's LED no longer shows anything for 1 minute)
- Remove the USB stick from the SHC and insert it into the computer again.
- Look for the output folder on the USB stick - this should be a subfolder of the diagnosis folder
- Please upload the encrypted contents of the output folder (file extension *.data) as an attachment to your existing ticket in the forum Contact the LIVISI support
The tool collects the following data from your SHC:
- System diagnostics - collects data about:
- Total disk usage
- Real-time view of a running system (e.g. CPU utilization)
- used/free memory
- Disk usage from some relevant operating system tools
- Network diagnostics - collects data about:
- Download speed - by downloading a file from a dedicated speed test site
- Configuration and information about network interfaces
- Network interface statistics
- Bluetooth diagnostics - collects data about:
- OS-level Bluetooth service health status
- Connection diagnostics - collects data about:
- active connections and open ports
- BE Communication
- SmartHome application version
- Configuration error
- Cleanup - frees up disk space by:
- Cleaning some caches
- Removing temporary files
- RESTART BLE support
The data is encrypted directly at the SHC to ensure secure transmission even over insecure channels.