You have both hands full and want to go to the basement - the light turns on automatically. Or someone tries to break into your house - the motion detector sounds the alarm via the smoke detector and you are informed by email. Our motion detector, the active sensor for individual lighting control and more security, can do all of this.
- Reacts to movement and brightness
- Detection range of up to 12 meters
- Can be combined with all SmartHome devices
- Easy to install, set up and control
- Also works fully locally: The local SmartHome
- SmartHome central
- Motion detector (indoor)
- Batteries 1.5 V LR06 / Mignon / AA (3x)
- Fastening material for wall mounting
- User instructions
Installation and inclusion
Before installation, please note the serial number in the battery compartment (12 digits under the barcode) and the exact installation location. You need this for later integration into the SmartHome system.
To reduce the risk of accidental activation, the motion detector must not be exposed to direct sunlight, car headlights, etc., nor installed near a heat source. Align the detection area towards a wall or the floor, but not directly towards windows, radiators or other heat sources.
The motion detector is equipped with a wall bracket (E) and is intended for wall mounting. The motion detector can be rotated in the wall mount through an angle of ±70 degrees. This means that the detection area can be aligned at almost any angle to the wall and subsequently corrected as desired.
Choose a suitable installation location for the motion detector in the room to be monitored. Please note the instructions in the previous sections. We recommend an installation height of approx. 2 m for optimal use.
Mounting the wall bracket
When selecting the installation location and when drilling near existing switches or sockets, please pay attention to the route of electrical cables or existing supply lines. Proceed as follows to install the SmartHome motion detector:
- Pull the wall bracket (see (E) in the illustration) above the SmartHome motion detector.
- Position the wall mount in a suitable location on a wall.
- Mark the corresponding drill holes of the wall bracket through the screw holes.
- Drill a hole 5 mm wide and 35 mm deep.
- Insert the dowels (included).
- Hold the wall bracket in front of the drill holes.
- Attach the wall bracket with the screws.
- Insert the batteries into the base device with the correct polarity.
- Push the base device onto the wall bracket from below until it clicks into place.
Start the SmartHome app or log in. Now connect the device via +. Alternatively, you can search for and integrate the device using the device selection.